Monday, November 30, 2009

Lots of Good Books!

Tis the season to READ!  Really, the only time I get to read is on the bus, or if I get off work early before making dinner.  Regardless, I love to read and I forget how great it always it.  Losing yourself in another world, etc etc.  Of course I have my favorites, but lately I have gone with some recommendations:
http://www.augusten.com

A memoir of the authors father.  Sad, twisted, yet amazing someone can remember their childhood with such detail!

http://maggiekast.com/

Wow and amazing.  Maggie is my friend Erica's mom, who I have known for 15 years.  In this remarkable memoir, Maggie talks about family, love, losing, and finding faith.  Really a beautiful book, and extremely touching, and the writing is incredible.

http://www.eatinganimals.com


So far so good!!!!  I'm through the first couple of chapters, and its really compelling......

No comments:

Post a Comment