Monday, July 19, 2010

And its July...and crazy hot too!

I get sad after the Fourth of July because its the official middle of summer.  The glass is half full.   Usually my friends and I have a ton of things planned for the summer, but our highlight is usually Pitchfork, and Mary-Frances's birthday.  Pitchfork was this weekend, and thanks to Josh Berman, Mackie's brother, he got Mackie and me VIP for the whole weekend.  It was super fun, of course, I only brought my camera on Sunday, but hey, at least I remembered.  Bill's friend Bridget flew in from LA for the concert weekend too, and she was super fun to have around.  Can't wait to have another friend to visit when we go out there!

So in the midst, while friends are all coming and going from vacation, Bill and I have nothing planned until October when we're flying to Montara, CA to visit his good friend Bob and wife Rachel for Halloween.  Apparently, its off the hook in Montara.  We're excited.  With Bill's work schedule, its impossible for us to travel in the summer.  I am looking forward to a weekend in Milwaukee for Mary-Frances's Birthday though!

Back to Pitchfork... on Friday we enjoyed Robyn, Modest Mouse and Broken Social Scene.  Saturday was the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Wolf Parade (where Mackie and I camped out 45 minutes early in VIP to have a killer spot) and LCD Soundsystem.  Sunday was the HOTTEST DAY EVER and we had a blast with Major Lazer, Big Boi and Pavement.  It was so freaking fun!  And can I add, the free beer was great, too.  And popsicles.
Mary-Frances & Jeff


Bridget & Mackie


Julie & Todd





Bill whistling for Big Boi

Julie & Bill


Julie & Mackie


Lots and lots and lots and lots of fun!!!!!!!  I like how I name myself in the photos, like the one person that reads this doesn't know me!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are counting me as the "one person that reads this." If I am not that one person, well then girl, you've got two!
    Looks like you all had fun!
    We went to a Modest Mouse show in Salt Lake ~ but it was a free show and 40,000 other people went too. So we were not really able to see or hear. But it was an adventure.

    ReplyDelete