Wednesday, August 11, 2010

More Lenny, All the time!

Somehow this summer has come and gone.  Why is that?  Why are the best 3-4 months out of the year the ones that fly so fast?  It's a major bummer.  Warm weather, awesome CSA (thankfully have it until the end of October) and another shout out - best CSA ever!  Regardless, I have enjoyed many a pool day a la Darren's Chateau (in Lombard) and long walks with  my lovable Lenny!

Lots of fests, parties, music and fun.  But the theme of the summer is Lenny.  Lots of Lenny.  We hired a dog walker, my friend Amanda who is awesome and loves Lenny, and we also rely on our amazing friends.  Being a puppy (we still think 17 months or so) he needs to go out at least four times a day, and he only "goes" on walks.  Its rare he uses our wonderful yard.  I hope that changes in the winter time!

And he kind of still freaks when we leave.  He has locked himself in the hallway twice (although we keep the door closed) and in the bathroom, and I can't believe I didn't take photos of that.  He is into knocking his food over - pic to follow - but he has been super fun.  We do family walks at night, when somehow the city is so, so silent.  It's one of the reasons I love our neighborhood so much.  You feel like your totally alone.  You, the sound of your footsteps and his.  It's awesome.

Lenny's food scattered, note the over turned bowl.



Like father, like son.



My mom makes these dog toy pillows, and Lenny loves them!


What spice would you like?



I'm really a lap dog!



Lenny loves the frozen bison bones, just like his elder spirit dog Victor did!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see Lenny has an appreciation for a solidly stocked spice rack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! That's when Bill was working on "Separation". It reminds me of when he knocked the red wine vinegar all over your bed!

    ReplyDelete