Every August, I am the most destitute of the year. Even more so then Christmas. However, I am thinking ahead this year and I am working on making my Mom's cookbook which are a collection recipes from my Grandmother, into a cookbook for her. I'm also adding mine and Amy's favorite recipes.
This is what I have so far: Taste Book.
However, I'm switching over to Create My Cookbook because that way I can add family photos, and with Taste Book, although that one is fancier and more modern and sleeker, for some reason I can't change the cover. And that bugs me!
September 1, we have two new Creative Industry Liaison's starting. My boss, Caroline, is off to get married and move to Boston, so instead of one person replacing her we have two. One is going to be focused on music and marketing, the other one on design, fine art, photo, illustration and advertising, and I have film, television, radio, dance, theater, journalism, etc. I'm pretty freaking nervous about this whole thing. I don't feel like I know enough yet. I came into this position before Industry Night, so it was a different situation then coming in at the beginning of the semester. It's not like a regular job where you have XYZ tasks at hand, its about planning, attending and organizing events and meeting with students. But I'm unsure how to handle this but I hope to handle it well. I'm going to make this job what I want to - this is still my dream job and I want to be 150% for students. That's the whole point.
And in family life, my dad has to have some serious surgery. He had a lump removed, we're waiting for the biopsy results, but regardless he has to have surgery to pull up his stomach lining over his esophagus. It all stems from Barrett's Esophagus which runs on his side of the family, and its a 5 day hospital stay at Northwestern Hospital. And having a double hernia removed. It's a nightmare, and I'm scared. But we will deal with it when it comes. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment