Things That have happened since Charley blessed our lives. The first 6 months.
Charley was born to the music of Courtney Barnett at 4:01pm on 5.1.15.
May
- President is Barak Obama: first black president
- Zoe's graduation - Charley slept through the whole thing.
- I went with Colleen to see "Pitch Perfect 2" (my first time out alone)
- I threw Bill a surprise 40th birthday party (my second time out!) on our wedding anniversary, so that still needs to be celebrated!
- My first Mothers Day: went to Adams and Sons, walked around Humboldt Park. It was cold that day.
June
- The 606 opened and we went on opening day!
- First meal out: Potbellys with amy and the boys after walking on the 606
- At one month Charley was sleeping so much I thought there was something wrong!
- Dining out: Breakfast Club with Mackie and Darren, Nordstrom Cafe with Mackie, Parsons with Erica.
July
- At 2 months Charley started smiling
- I went to the Grateful Dead show with Jeff
- Cafe BabaReeba with Marie-Elena and her friends
- Mom skipped Pitchfork for the first time ever
August
I look around the bedroom and everyone is asleep : Bill, Charley, Lenny and Olive. I sit up stressing out. Tonight its about her 3mo shots, the doctors office says we don't go in until 4mo but thats not right. Before this stress i would lay awake thinking about daycare, crying myself to sleep about it.
I look around the bedroom and everyone is asleep : Bill, Charley, Lenny and Olive. I sit up stressing out. Tonight its about her 3mo shots, the doctors office says we don't go in until 4mo but thats not right. Before this stress i would lay awake thinking about daycare, crying myself to sleep about it.
Charley is sleeping through the night. That means i have to pump. Waking up with a wet teeshirt sucks, but it just shows how much she has grown. 8.4.15. Also, she wakes up so happy and smiling. I sing "Good Morning Starshine" to her every day. I just love her so much.
- at 3 months Charley loves being sung to, being held as much as possible, giggling at daddy and smiling all the time.
- "American Pie" is our song :)
- Mackie, Adira, Katie, Mary-Frances and Amy have babysat for us.
- Christine Rosa moved to Austin, TX
- We bought a new car
- I sold my Civic - sniff sniff
- Kanye said he was running for president
- We had lunch at Publican Quality Meats with Nancy + Mackie
- We went to Sheri's rehearsal dinner at Chief O'Neils
- Charley went to her first nail salon (for sheri's wedding party)
- We made bouquets for Sheri's wedding
- Sheri got married!
- Charley started daycare at Marisol's - Tu-Fri.
September
- Charley turned 4 months old! She is still sleeping through the night!
- She is thriving in daycare, but we think we might switch to an in-home daycare that is closer to our house. The driving is stressing me out. And I am dreading winter.
- She is laughing and smiling and overall adorable. She drools a lot - I think she is pre-teething or something.
- We had our first ER experience, she fell out of the infant lounger onto thr floor from the island...poor Bill he was a wreck. We went to the ER, all was well thank goodness, but we did miss our date night!
- Charley started waking up toward the end of the month, they call it sleep regression, but she usually falls asleep again quickly.
- She went to Cozy Corner for the first time, the Ravenswood Art Walk with her friend Evelyn, the rooftop of Fountainhead with Erica, and visited me at work for the first time!
October
- Charley's first cold! Ugh, and Bill has it too.
- Charley met Bob and Rachael, after she ran the marathon!
- Rachel and James are moving to San Francisco
- Charley started a new daycare down the street! I walk her there in the Ergo everyday. Bill picks her up when he opens, too.
- I also got the cold....for 3 weeks.
- We left Charley for the first time to go to Shipwreks wedding in Kansas City. We were away from her from Friday afternoon through early Sunday evening. It was so weird. I missed her so much, and I felt like a piece of me was missing. But it was also nice to be able to do whatever. It was weird. I had to pump a lot.
- Amy watched Charley which was awesome. It made it much easier to leave her.
- We ate at Cozy Corner again. And Meatheads. And she came with me and Nana to Apple Villa.
- Our first home project: we got new concrete steps! Wooooo!
- I made my first halloween costume! Kristin helped me! Charley was a pineapple!
- I took Charley to see Zoe and Mary-Frances on Halloween.
- She wakes up more during the night, usually because of a coughing fit. Stupid daycare colds.





No comments:
Post a Comment