I have always been a career motivated person. Always. The last job I loved waking up every morning to go to was The Real World Chicago which was back in 2004 I think. That's a long, long time to wake up in the morning to something that isn't your passion or your dream. I am grateful that I have had a job for 5 years, which started on the first day of Hurricane Katrina, and have had it until now.
I worked last semester in the Portfolio Center as an Industry Expert. It was my calling. From only 4 hours a month, I wanted to do it 8 hours a day. A job was posted for the Creative Industry Liaison in the Portfolio Center, and I jumped on it. I got the job. Not just a job, but my DREAM JOB. How many people get to say they have their dream job? It's all I have wanted in life, to be happy with my career, to make a difference, to love what I'm doing. I am so, so, so happy. I don't think I've been this happy since my wedding day. It's that important to me. I will be helping radio, journalism, arts & media management and interactive media students put together their portfolios for the outside world, booking and planning events, etc. It's an awesome place to be and I can't wait to start.
I am grateful for my current job and boss, I was terrified to tell her, and of course I cried, too. It's hard working with one person for so long, but I know she knows its best for me.
So ready world? Phase 3 of my life officially begins! I can't wait!!!
Columbia and the students are lucky to get you! Congrats, Julie
ReplyDelete