Original Victor Post
How has it already been a year? Its quite remarkable when I think about this past year. How can one thing happening effect your daily thoughts, your emotions, your daydreams?
Not a single day has gone by that I haven't thought, or even cried about Victor. I remember his last week, every minute, every second. I remember it like how you watch a movie. I see myself in it. And it breaks my heart.
Our love for Victor was so huge, and our loss was so great, that we now have 2 dogs to fill the space. And we love them so much, and are so grateful for Lenny and Olive. They're wonderful and awesome.
But its still crazy. One year ago, I thought I could never love a dog again. Never. I didn't think I had love for any dog but Victor. How do feelings change, how do you know when you're accepting things for what they are, how do you know when you're ready to learn life in a different way, without this creature who was such a constant in it?
Tonight Bill and I are going to hug, cry, and take the dogs to the dog park to celebrate Victor Pants. He was still the best, most amazing dog I have ever met. I miss him so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment