Monday, January 11, 2010

Julie is Cooking

I LOVE cooking - its something I love even more when I have a dishwasher, which I do.
Bill LOVES to eat, so it really makes cooking fun.  One of the best gifts I got for Christmas was a dutch oven. I have wanted one for SO long, and its an awesome orange color.












Anyway, tonight, upon inspiration from one of Rachel's recipes - I am baking chickpeas with smoked paprika.  When they are out of the oven they should be crispy and I'm going to douse them with a little honey.

1 - 15oz can of chickpeas - rinse and pat dry
2 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 1/2 TS of smoked paprika
1 1/2 TS of kosher salt
1/2 Tablespoon of honey

Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, take them out, dump them in a bowl and spoon about 1/2 tablespoon of honey over them. Mix well and serve!  Yum!  **Update - Bill ate them all. I had about 10 Chickpeas**

No comments:

Post a Comment