I'm always a little sad when the semester comes to an end. In one way, I'll miss my good classes - the students that make teaching fun. In another way, its also an end to my paycheck.
As I watch the students flip the pages of the final, I miss being in their shoes. Grading is not very fun, but they have a blank canvas, they can do whatever they want with their lives. I've made my decisions and now I have to live with them.
They weren't all bad decisions, but career-wise they most certainly were. I'm hoping for another opportunity in which I only make good decisions.
I really hope that Shiny Hineys will HAPPEN and be successful. I need to keep going....and I also would like to be happy with a job while I am getting Shiny Hineys off the ground, too. Something I'm good at, that is challenging, that is exciting and where I have an influence on the company.
This is the goal for 2010. To be happy with my career to be successful, to have a killer company, and to not have any more regrets....like graduate school.
No comments:
Post a Comment