So today is Day 6 of no nicotine. I spent $100 on the patch and on nicotine lozenges, but thus far I have only had 2 lozenges. They're pretty gross. My witching hour is 5:00, so that's when I need it most. And leaving and traveling to school.
I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with myself. I've taken the hard road - I should have been more responsible with the Chantix, but Bill wasn't supportive of me taking it. I wish he would quit too, it would be easier for me.
Regardless, you have to quit when you're ready, and I feel ready. Ironically, on "How I Met Your Mother" last night, it was an episode of friends quitting smoking. Not that they have ever smoked on the show, but whatever. It's hard to say "This is my last cigarette". I'm sure I'll have one somewhere down the road, but if I can keep going, I will be very happy.
I'm already gaining weight, which sucks. My "motivation email" of the day says that I shouldn't be so worried about gaining weight, but its hard. I'm doing arm exercises at night, and starting this weekend hitting the gym again.
I'm glad I didn't wait until NYE to quit, though - it has never worked for me before, so why should it work this time?

you can DO IT....just don't DO IT!!! quit that shite
ReplyDeletelove
D