I'm the type of person to over analyze everything. If I'm worried about a pain in my stomach I will look up my symptoms online and decide I have an ulcer. Well, I really want to quit smoking. I'm mad at myself for still smoking, and envious of people that don't smoke. And its $10 a pack!
I have done the patch a few times, but this time I decided that as an adult I would take a drug to kick me out of my habit.
I'm been reading a lot about it today, and its pretty freaky. Although, I know two people that quit successfully on the drug, and just had the crazy dream side effect.
I'm just at my wits end with smoking. Its the thing I hate about myself the most. I hate spending as much as a nice lunch 4 times a week on something that is killing me.
I've decided that I will try Chantix for one week, and see if the side effects are tolerable.
I have a doctor appointment in two weeks to see my progress. Here's hoping for the best.
If side effects are sleepiness, that I have that one already. And slight nausea when I first take the pill. I had that with the patch though, too. Ugh. I hope I can get through this....I really want to be successful at SOMETHING.
No comments:
Post a Comment