Sunday, January 31, 2010

Julie Is Cooking Part Trois

Wow.  It's really really cold and very Captain Winter is at the reigns.  This means for me - stocking up on sales at Jewel, Trader Joes, and using every ounce of my weekly Winter Produce Box.  And, of course, utilizing what I have stashed away for days that I really just want to make something with what we have in the house.
I am a self diagnosed soup whore.  I love soup.  I can eat it every day, it being cold out, hot out, or whatever.  I can make Italian soups, Moroccan soups, Vegetarian soups, Vegan soups, Meaty soups, Hearty soups, Winter soups, Summer soups, and Whatever is left in the Fridge soups.

This week, I went for a Kale and White Cannellini Soup.  It was so good I couldn't stop raving about my own cooking!  Pics after the jump.



And then the next night, Mackie and Darren came over to help me calculate all of my 2009 recipts.  As an indpendent contractor, I'm screwed, so I need to save every work expense from the year.  So I made them homemade pizza and salad as thanks.

1 comment:

  1. you naughty soup whore!
    yesterday we had a fabulous cream of cauliflower soup made with chicken broth..mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete