Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day To Day

Day to day, minute by minute.  Georgeanna emailed me and made a great point, that the loss of a pet makes us realize how precious and valuable life is.  It's so easy to take for granted.
We are trying to adjust, in the words of Mackie, to our "New Normal".  Its so hard.  Friday was my first day of coming home from work and not being greeted by the door.  Today was the first time I went grocery shopping and didn't have Victor to search through the bags for treats.  And then there is the uneasy feeling.  Victor protected me.  He made me feel safe.
And then its the noises.  I think I hear him but I don't see him.  And also I always wake up around 3:30 a.m. for some reason, and I would always stop and pet Victor on my way to or from the refrigerator when I grab my glass of water.
I will start talking about cooking again, soon.  I just need to keep on venting for a bit.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. Your puppy looked so cool. I don't think the feeling of loss goes away, it just sort of hides and comes back when you least expect it.

    I still miss my first cat who died years ago.

    ReplyDelete